The Hand Up Project is an advocacy group for the homeless and those who suffer from addiction. We are a resource facilitator for safe housing, detox, mental health support, addiction support, community ... Read More
Assessment: Field assessments for what the clients needs are. Assimilation: Mobilizing the resources Accountability: Holding the willing to a level of healthy expectations. Alliances: Out sourcing ... Read More
Financial and In-Kind donations are graciously accepted. Our work is funded through the generous donations of people in our community. All donation are tax deductible. We are a registered 501(c)3 non ... Read More
The Hand Up Project
We offer the following assistance:
- Getting off the streets
- Getting a meal
- Getting a shower
- Clean clothes
- Clean safe bed
- Enrolling in insurance programs
- Enrolling in SNAP programs
- Enrolling in detox and treatment programs
- Finding child care to ensure employment security
- Employment services
- Criminal past assistance
If someone is struggling with addiction issues we assist in finding them a bed at a treatment facility. Once they complete their treatment program they can return to The Hand Up Project for a two-year program.
.Our program includes:
- Assessments: Field assessments for determining the client's needs.
- Accountability: Holding the willing to a level of healthy expectations.
- Assistance: Giving a hand up and walking the willing through the process for success.
- Housing: A safe, supportive community.
- Transportation: Assisting people get to resources.
To ensure the safety and success of the residents, the clients will undergo regular drug screenings and evaluations with a zero-tolerance policy.
The goal is after a two-year maximum stay, the clients are well enough to have an income and a safe place to live off the streets.
Community and Service
The Hand Up Project is ultimately about healthy communities. We work toward healthy communities in the following ways:
- We provide healthy communities and support to those we serve in our two-year program.
- We perform outreach to homeless encampments, providing food and making people aware of available resources.
- We clean up homeless encampments.
- We collaborate with other organizations to facilitate recovery for our clients.
- We empower our clients to provide community services throughout Snohomish County, leading them to provide a hand up to others.